Friday, November 9, 2012

Upwork/Odesk SEO contractor Successful Story


I am an SEO and Link Builder Contractor  for 4 years. Jobs at the time seemed fine. But when Google had changed their algorithm; such as Panda and Penguin, many link builders and SEO consultants were affected. Rankings were falling left and right from websites that had low quality back links.

Since then,link building jobs became more challenging. After a few weeks of studying search engine algorithms, SEO experts and link builders gathered together to solve the Google pet attacks. Experts found the cure with the help of Google webmasters. They found out how to get high quality back links that didn’t get affected by the Google algorithm.

And this is Guest posting!

This is a new strategy of link building methods, which is Guest posting.  Posting is one of the ways to produce high quality back links.Tips to do this type of link building strategy are to create high quality content and ask a webmaster to post as a guest on his website. Meaning to say, this is more professionals and not spam related.

Being a link builder was a challenge for me to learn about guest posting methods since guest posting is what Google wants for clean link building campaigns. So for the beginners in link building, start practicing by guest blogging.


This is the story of my link building campaign in my one of my successful SEO campaigns.


Last year in October I did the link building campaign of a business card website.

I had optimized www.tank-prints.com last year. I mainly created profile back links and social bookmarks. I also did relevant back linking and competitors’analysis. All target keywords were in good ranking. After 3 months of hard work I delivered pretty good results. My client ended our contract because the positions of the keywords were first in page position.

Although after 6 months, Google Panda and Penguin updates were lunched. Unfortunately, Tank Prints was affected greatly by the Penguin update. The position of the keywords became de-ranked.  Most of the keywords dropped to top 100 spots. It was very sad to figure out the expenses and hard work to get top search engine spots and then suddenly drop down to nothing.

I was surprised that he contacted me and I am very fortunate that he re-opened my contract for the project. You know what my client did?

He transferred the web pages of his website using legitimate 301 redirects. I was surprised when he told me that he knows the technique learning from forum websites. He was the most amazing client I have ever had. He purchased a new domain and redirected the pages from the old domain that had been affected by penguin.

From www.tank-prints.com,the pages transferred to the new domain which was now www.tankprints.com.
The targeted keywords were also in the domain’s html of the webpage which had very good on-page optimization.

I started building Web2.0 creation links with one way back links onto the money site. I also bookmarked web 2.0 post links in different variations of the keywords which I got from my keyword analysis tools (Google adwords keywords tool).

Because of hard work, I brought back the rankings of the keywords to the first page of Google.

Amway business cards
Organo Gold business cards
Business card websites
Network Marketing business cards
I am proudly to say that All these keywords hit the first page in rankings again.

Because of the  successful of SEO Link building campaign. My client and I agree to still continue building links that are penguin safe. We applied guest blogging for high quality traffic.
So we decided to tried guest posting, and do a little social media work.

To my fellow link builders try using guest posting and build your career as a successful guest author.
I hope you like my article and it helps you a lot.

Thank you very much.
Contact me at odesk






No comments:

Post a Comment